[labnetwork] Cleaning up/ reconditioning VCR seals?

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Thu Aug 12 06:37:40 EDT 2021

Mac,

If the problem you're having is a damaged toroid face, I've used both of
these as a fix, with success.

Parker-Veriflo Vacuseal Grooved Gasket (1/2" nominal), with retainer,
stainless steel  8 GVGR-SS

Parker-Veriflo Vacuseal Grooved Gasket (1/4" nominal), with retainer,
stainless steel  4 GVGR-SS

I would expect your Parker rep to be able to provide them for you. They're
not cheap.  When last I purchased them, they were $8, and $7, each, however
it was way cheaper than reworking the gland connection.

Dennis Schweiger
University of Michigan/LNF
Facilities Manager

734.647.2055 Ofc

"People can be divided into 3 groups - those that make things happen, those
that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened."  Within
which group do you belong?