[labnetwork] Equipment for Sale at CMU

Mark Weiler mweiler at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 13 09:44:35 EST 2021

Hi Stephen...

I’ve been troubleshooting and coordi system refurbishment like crazy lately, and wanted to touch base.

We are actually considering trades also.  For instance, we are looking for an ellipsometer.

In any case, are you referring to the leybold Z-650?  If so, it was working a decade ago when removed from service... and it stayed in Cleanroom.  We figured that someone would want the vacuum chambers as a PVD.  In the images attached, some of the power supplies in the 19 inch rack will not be sold with the system, as they are not original, and we will keep.

[cid:FD06D3B2-35FA-4A88-B8B5-CFA754E3736E]

[cid:7A482188-E628-46BC-B646-C5997BFD2791]

I have another Leybold, but am unsure of the model.  It looks, intuitively, like a CVD or RIE chamber, and it has likely been sitting in storage for well over a decade... likely two.  It is wrapped in heavily dusted plastic, but we will be opening it soon to add to the sale.

[cid:07F5E79E-EFF3-48CB-8107-4A51C3EB5831]

We have a few systems that were in our “mothball fleet” and our unwrapping them one at a time. For instance, we have a large Temescal evaporator chamber in storage and still on shipping skid.  It looks to be at least 1000 L chamber size.  The door is over 1 meter wide and on dolly.  It has a 20” cryo, and an Edwards 175 pump with EH-1200 blower.

[cid:35D499D7-EE4E-4E58-BE82-7B5892F9C19C]

[cid:AA05E937-E98B-47BD-B8F1-D2F8C15BB841]

[cid:98C6970B-0577-4C20-8BF0-C27F5A1C6BAF]

[cid:9FB4C96D-386F-4631-BC80-86671298B31F]

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the chamber. I will need to go to a different building where it sits.

The Nikon Stepper was our workhorse until 2017.  It received regular maintenance and has a modern Windows based computer using an emulator for the Nikon software.

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark Weiler
Manager, Equipment & Facilites
Claire and John Bertucci Nanotechnology Laboratory
Eden Hall Nanofabrication Cleanroom
Carnegie Mellon University
P: 412-268-2471<tel:412-268-2471>
F: 412-268-3497<tel:412-268-3497>
http://www.nanofab.ece.cmu.edu<http://www.nanofab.ece.cmu.edu/>

"Be kind; everyone is on their own journey."   Daniel Ek

Sent from my iPhone