[labnetwork] ICP STS ASE Issue

Hollingshead, Dave hollingshead.19 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:45:01 EDT 2021

Hi Jerry,

I'm not familiar with the STS ASE system specifically but based on the pattern starting at the top edge of the wafer extending down towards the center of the sample it looks like a wafer sealing issue to me. We've seen similar coloration/roughness patterns when our Plasmatherm 770 system is not sealing well. I think that would be a good place to start.

Do you know the rest of the process conditions (gases/powers/etc)? That would be the next piece to consider if the sealing is OK and the problem is still present.

-Dave

Dave Hollingshead
Manager of Research Operations - Nanotech West Lab
The Ohio State University
Suite 100, 1381 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH 43212
614.292.1355 Office
hollingshead.19 at osu.edu<mailto:hollingshead.19 at osu.edu> osu.edu<http://osu.edu/>