[labnetwork] Gas Purity Grade for RIE

Dr. Loïk Gence loik.gence at fis.puc.cl
Thu May 13 16:16:18 EDT 2021

Hi All,

I hope you are all fine and safe.

We are planning the installation of our first RIE with chlorine and
Fluorine chemistries.

I was wondering, what are purity grade of the gases you are using.
Always electronic grade, 5.0 grade or above ?  To avoid potential
contamination of the gas lines, chamber, etc...  of course, choosing the
best purity available is a solution. However, thinking about the
cost/utility for standard etching processes, and with potential problem
of local availability of high grade, what grade range would you consider
safe for the equipment and standard processes?

Thanks in advance for your comment.

Best,

Loïk

--