[labnetwork] ISO 5 Cleanroom RH

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Tue Oct 12 12:45:31 EDT 2021

Humidity control is mainly for photoresist processing. E-beam resists such
as pmma, csar, and hsq are not sensitive to the humidity and do not require
tight control. Even when using MIBK:IPA developer, there will be no
problems when developing pmma, as long as the wafers are stored in a dry
box. I'm not sure about MaN resist, but perhaps someone else can chime in
about that.

If you can design a cleanroom with humidity control just in the photo
sections, then go for it. But it might be quite difficult to split up the
air handling.

Our e-beam systems are in labs without any humidity control other than
basic air conditioning. Temperature control is an entirely different topic.

Michael Rooks
nano.yale.edu