[labnetwork] ISO 5 Cleanroom RH

mtkhbeis at gmail.com mtkhbeis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:28:34 EDT 2021

Aju

As Rich said, I usually target 45+/-5% RH. You can use your litho/EBL suites to drive localized humidification. Highly recommend, putting in the infrastructure if you can into the rooftop air handlers. If you need dehumidification then do it in the air handler at the first stage. You will almost certainly always be demanding humidification of the litho space as the humidity diffuses into adjacent areas/bays. If humidifying in the air handler make sure you put in at least an RO system to minimize humidifier maintenance.

A lower cost/minor mod solution can be more localized using in duct steam grids. If using localized generators, I highly recommend using clean steam fed by your UPW loop as servicing of standard humidifiers using city water is a nightmare due to mineral deposits - speaking from experience here. DRISTEEM is one vendor that makes all stainless construction units that can handle the corrosive nature of the UPW and will drive demand based on localized sensors in the litho bay vs. added cost and complexity of adding controls into your BMI infrastructure.

Best,

Dr. Michael Khbeis
(C) 443.254.5192