[labnetwork] Cleanroom Pressure Setpoint

Albert William (Bill) Flounders bill_flounders at berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 6 19:14:48 EDT 2022

 Adam,
Interesting question.
Ours is set at 0.08 - 0.1 inches water column = 20-25 Pa
45 - 60 Pa seems excessive.

I reviewed "Cleanroom Technology" by William Whyte
(2nd Ed, pg 69)
"Differential pressure of 10 Pa between two cleanrooms, and 15 Pa
between a cleanroom and an unclassified area, are reasonable
minimum design pressures."

I do not have data on particle count vs diff pressure.
When we above ~ 0.2  (50 Pa) our doors begin to have trouble latching
automatically.

Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley