[labnetwork] Cleanroom Pressure Setpoint

Collins, Deon deonc69 at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 7 10:23:28 EDT 2022

The design of the building and setup of the lab will differ greatly. Your HVAC system design will have the largest effect on your setup as well. We have a recirculating system in our clean room with the Fume hoods as a means for exhaust to the labs. Certain labs do not have fume hoods so we adjust the air movement via VFD’s. Our Clean room in encircled by an enclosed corridor as well so air bleeds to the that corridor and is returned to the make up unit. We also have a system of balancing VAV’s to compensate for any variances.

If you have Fume hoods in the lab you will need enough make up air to feed the Fume hoods or you wont get enough flow through the face of the hood. So basically there is not a one case fits all answer.

Out photolithography lab with 6 8’ hoods has the fan speed control set at .30 inwc, the vav is currently at 70 with a supply air flow setpoint of 14000cfm. This unit supplies two labs across an isolated hallway. Note also these specifications will change between and iso 6 and iso 5 lab space.

Deon D. Collins

FACILITY MANAGER
Holonyak Lab
208 N Wright St Rm. 248 | 2250
Urbana, IL 61801
217-300-7531 | deonc69 at illinois.edu<mailto:deonc69 at illinois.edu>

[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logo.png]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.

Life is not about watching other people live it. It’s about you living your own!