[labnetwork] Schedule Tool/Booking Tool

Mathieu Rampant m.rampant at prometheuscomputing.com
Thu Dec 22 08:41:46 EST 2022

Hello Bernhard,
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) created an open
source application called NEMO <https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO>
(developed in house) specifically designed for lab management. It can do
everything you are asking for!

It is self hosted and very active with new releases, bug fixes and security
patches about every month.
You can check it out on the demo site and play around with it at
https://nemo.nist.gov/demo
Instructions on how to use the demo site (switch between different user
types etc.) can be found here: https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO#online-demo

There are also plugins available for authentication and billing, a strong
community presence and you can use Github discussions
<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO/discussions> or the Google group
<https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/g/nemo> to ask any questions

It can also be set up with physical interlocks for enabling/disabling
tools, badge readers and tablets for entering/exiting the Cleanroom (or any
access controlled area) and a Kiosk tablet for selecting tools. It can even
be set up with sensors to monitor temp/humidity

There are so many features it would be hard to list them all here, but feel
free to check out the extensive Feature Manual
<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO/raw/master/documentation/NEMO_Feature_Manual.pdf>
if you are looking for something in particular.

Commercial support for installation, maintenance or custom plugin
development is also available through Atlantis Labs
<http://www.atlantislabs.io> should you need extra help!

Feel free to contact me with any questions at
mathieu.rampant at atlantislabs.io

(Full disclosure, I am the lead developer of NEMO and co-founder of
Atlantis Labs)

Thanks,
Mathieu

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 7:57 AM Bernhard Johannes Reineke <reinekeb at msopb.de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> For our cleanroom we need a new tool for the users to book the machines.
> Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?
>
> - The user should be able to book a specific machine for a specific period
> of time.
>
> - Also, it would be good if we could link the tool to the university ID
> service so that everyone can log into the software with their university
> login.
>
> - The administrator should be able to define how often and how long a user
> can book a machine, e.g. user Alice can book a machine for 4 hours a day,
> but not more than 12 hours per week in total.
>
> - It would be great if you could limit the time slots for the machines.
> For example, the dry etcher can only be used from 8:00-10:00, 10:00-12:00,
> 12:00-14:00, and so on.
>
> - We would like to create analytics about how often machines are booked,
> how often a certain group of people uses a machine and so on.
>
> - Self-hosted in our university's data center is a must.
>

> Right now we are using "Booked", but I wanted to know if you know any
> other software solutions.
>

> Thanks in advance and I wish you all happy holidays!!!
>

> Best wishes,
>

> Bernhard Reineke Matsudo
>
> Phoqs Infrastruture
>
> University of Paderborn