[labnetwork] RTA of spin-on dopant on Silicon

Kevin M McPeak kmcpeak at lsu.edu
Mon Jul 4 01:31:13 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We have a user who is interested in using our new Jipilec/ECM RTA to anneal a boron spin-on dopant in an effort to make good ohmic contacts to Si(100) ,1-10 ohm-cm initially. After doping one side of the wafer they will deposit Al pads and anneal in forming gas. Our goal is to get the doping level to 1x10^19 cm^-3 or higher. We currently are at ~1×10^18 cm^-3. (4000 rpm spin coat, 60 sec anneal at 1050 C, post HF etch with 10% HF for an hour.).

Any advice would be most appreciated. 1050 C is the hottest we can go in our RTA.

Regards,
Kevin