[labnetwork] SUSS mask aligners spare parts

Lewis,William blewis at eng.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 23 09:00:35 EDT 2022

Hi Nava,

We had the same failure on our MA6.  We purchased a new VCU from Suss and it didn't fix the issue.  There was a signal loss somewhere else in the system.  So..... I bypassed the Suss video system entirely and bought video processor (link below to similar)and just connected left and right microscope cameras to the video processor.  This provides split screen live image of left and right cameras.  It's been like this for about 10 years and works fine for us.  You lose the ability to store an overlayed image (i.e. Grab Image Key) for alignment needed for high mag alignment.   We get around that by marking the monitor screen with a Sharpie.  Sounds crude but works great!  The new $8000 Suss Video Controller Unit was a waste of money in our case.

https://www.amazon.com/UHPPOTE-Channel-Splitter-Processor-Control/dp/B06WD13LTB

Bill Lewis
Research Service Center
University of Florida