[labnetwork] UV light bulbs for mask aligner

Greg Allion grallion at ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:10:57 EDT 2022

Hi all,
I suspect ARC, the company Howard mentioned, for 350W lamps are a good bet,
especially if they get some interest.  I used to deal with them years ago
and it was a couple brothers making the lamps themselves.  Used them for
years without any problems.  I only stopped using them because they were
getting so little requests for the 350 lamps they may only make a batch
every 4-6 months or so.

Re 1000W lamps, if you're looking for stepper lamps with the umbilical lead
similar to USH-1000FGIL2, I know Randy Ellsworth at Stepper Care Services
has a bunch of them right now.
https://www.steppercareservices.com/contact

Best Regards,
Greg

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:40 PM Cohen, Ana N CTR USARMY DEVCOM ARL (USA) <
ana.n.cohen.ctr at army.mil> wrote:

> Unfortunately have run into the same issue (checked with Atlanta Light
> Bulbs and BulbConnection.com). Seems like these distributors are just not
> getting UV lamp shipments at all. They can get an estimated shipping date
> for 350W bulbs, but is consistently pushed back each month. 1000W have less
> hope and are just described as “critical supply” with no shipping date in
> sight.
>

> Considering people have luck with purchasing from straight from USHIO I’m
> going to look into that for our 350W bulbs. Unfortunately our MA8 doesn’t
> like USHIO (for reasons unbeknownst to us) and needs the harder to get
> 1000W. I may try contacting OSRAM directly for replacement. Does anyone
> have any experience there?
>

> As for the LED option, I did ask SUSS directly what they could do for
> retrofitting and for my tools it’s in the ballpark of $75k (MA6) and
> $100k-$150k (MA8 Gen3) depending on what additional components may need to
> be replaced. Not sure I’m going to have much luck arguing adding that into
> our budget last minute. If anyone has found any Idonus or similar retrofit
> companies in the US, that would be amazing.
>

> --
>
> Ana N. Cohen [she/her/hers]
>
> Photolithography Technician
>
> US Army Research Laboratory
>
> 2800 Powder Mill Road
>
> Adelphi, MD 20783
>
> Tel: 301-394-1527
>
> ana.n.cohen.ctr*@army.mil <http://army.mil>*

Greg Allion
NC State University Nanofabrication Facility (NNF)
Lithography Engineer