[labnetwork] Cleanroom gloves

Football yaofootball at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:10:32 EDT 2022

Dear Colleague,

I wonder what brands and types of cleanroom gloves you use in your
cleanroom. At Argonne, we have been using the *Kimberly-Clark
Professional™ Kimtech™ Pure G5 Blue Cleanroom Nitrile Gloves. *Some time
back we noticed that these blue ones were discontinued by the manufacturer,
then we started to use the *Kimberly-Clark Professional™ Kimtech™ Pure G3
Cleanroom NXT™ Nitrile Gloves. *Besides the pros that this G3 type is less
expensive and releases less particles than the G5 blue ones, some users
noticed the difference in the grip strength of these two. The G3 has a
smooth finish while the G5 blue has a more coarse finish which some users
think has provided more grip strength.

Thanks!

*Fubo Rao, Ph.D.,*

*Nanofabrication Cleanroom Manager,*