[labnetwork] Build or rent small Class 5 space?

Phyllis R. Nelson prnelson at cpp.edu
Thu Aug 17 20:36:52 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I am part of a team that is proposing a smallsat project requiring the assembly of a cubesat with an optical subsystem. We would like to do the assembly in a Class 5 cleanroom space. We estimate that we will require approximately 150 to 200 square feet, plus the usual gowning transition space.

Any suggestions on the advisability of renting or building such space would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of a facility which supports outside users or sublease in the greater Los Angeles area, that would be especially welcome.

Thanks!

Phyllis R. Nelson, PhD
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Faculty Director of Data Analytics
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona

email: prnelson at cpp dot edu

director space: SSB 3340A7
faculty office: 9-317
phone: (909) 869-2649 (email preferred)

Scientists discover the world that exists. Engineers create the world that never was. - Theodore von Kármán