[labnetwork] Build or rent small Class 5 space?

Dwayne Chrusch dwayne.chrusch at umanitoba.ca
Fri Aug 18 10:10:49 EDT 2023

Hello Phyllis,

In 2015 we bought a soft wall cleanroom (ISO 5/Class 100) from Terra Universal for a new laser mill. We are happy with the room. It will soon be home for our new P7 Surface Profiler (KLA-Tencor).

Link;
https://www.terrauniversal.com/softwall-cleanrooms.php

Below [my signature] is a list of common supplies that we use in our cleanrooms. The part numbers are from VWR Canada and Fisher Sci. (so you don’t have to look for everything yourself). Some part# may be outdated, but the web page(s) should suggest a replacement.

We use the Durx wipes inside the cleanroom and the Kimwipes in the Chase area. The kimwipes give off particles when they are dry. If I remember correctly, the Durx wipes are rate for Class 100/ISO 5. We haven’t had any issues with these. In fact, our particle counter indicates that our Litho room is ISO4/Class 10 (it only needs to be ISO5/Class 100).

Regards,

Dwayne D. Chrusch, BSc. (EE), MSc.	(he/him)
Operations Manager, Training & Safety Coordinator
Nanosystem Fabrication Lab (NSFL)
E3-471 Engineering
75A Chancellor's Circle
University of Manitoba