[labnetwork] Toxic gas delivery for small fabs?

Russell Renzas rrenzas at unr.edu
Mon Dec 4 01:51:50 EST 2023

Hi, I'm Russ, some of you know me from Oxford Instruments - I just left to direct a new 3k sqft academic fab at University of Nevada Reno.

How do the smaller university fabs handle toxic gas delivery? e.g. Cl2, BCl3, H2... Any recommendations for systems/vendors? And do you generally keep cylinders for that in an external bunker-type place, or nearer point of use (in a service chase)?  SF6 and the like don't need anything special, correct?

Also is it now typical to abate fluorinated etch gases which I thought requires expensive burn boxes, or do the dry bed systems suffice?

Bit embarrassed that I don't know this stuff better, but I never had to think about it before.

Happy holidays,

Russ

Russ Renzas
University of Nevada, Reno
Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=_4TTYQoAAAAJ&hl=en>, LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/renzas>

— My position at UNR starts in mid-January 2024. —