[labnetwork] High temp (1700C) anneal capability

Greg Allion grallion at ncsu.edu
Mon Dec 18 10:55:38 EST 2023

Hi Robert,
This is a hard one to find.  There's a place in Sweden called Coherent.
Used to be II-VI.  Reliably, I think that's about it.  Very curious to see
if there's any more feedback from the network though.
A word of caution...  If you don't have experience with the carbon capping
process, you probably want to outsource that to them also.
Cheers,
Greg

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 3:42 PM Robert Pearson <repemc at rit.edu> wrote:

> I have a senior undergraduate who is fabricating silicon carbide Schottky
> Barrier Diodes.
>

> We are sending the wafers out for guard ring implants (aluminum) but do
> not have a suitable high temperature anneal furnace (>1600C).
>

> I would like to hear from anyone who has this capability to see what sort
> of arrangements we can make.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Rob
>

> Robert E. Pearson, PhD.
>
> Rochester Institute of Technology
>
> Electrical and Microelectronic Engineering
>
> Kate Gleason College of Engineering
>
> 585 475-2923
>
> Robert.pearson at rit.edu

Greg Allion
NC State University Nanofabrication Facility (NNF)
Process Integration Engineering Manager

Monteith Research Center
2410 Campus Shore Drive rm.243C
Raleigh, NC 27606