[labnetwork] HDD Best Practice

Tony Whipple whipp003 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 9 16:40:56 EST 2023

Hello Long;
We have some systems that are older but still work great and have a legacy
computer. The computer sometimes can not be
upgraded if it also uses older cards such as ISA slots. The limited life
time of spinning hard drives caused us to switch to using
SSD for the older IDE interface drives.  Making a duplicate on a second SSD
and keeping the backup in a static bag nearby is
a low cost backup.    We have needed to use this a few times and it was
quick and easy to swap it out.
Regards, Tony W.