[labnetwork] Cleanroom consultant

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Fri Jun 16 06:31:10 EDT 2023

Joe,

Good morning.  We too used AGI (formerly Abbie Gregg), now with AM
Technical Solutions, with great success.  I would suggest you rally your
group together and come up with a rough idea of what you'd like your fab to
accomplish in the way of processing, then talk (lot's of talk) with peer
institutions to see what worked for them, and what issues they had.  We had
almost 20 years of cleanroom operation under our belt before we did
our expansion, and at the time of our expansion design we toured several
larger production fabs to get an idea for what we could do with our
facility.  I will say that what we had originally laid out for as a tool
set in our new fab, is not what we finally ended up with, however it was
good enough to allow us to design the support infrastructure for our
facility.

As always, you're more than welcome to come out and take a look at our
facility.  I'd be happy to show you what we put together.

Dennis Schweiger
Facilities Manager
Lurie nanofabrication Facility
University of Michigan

734.647.2055 Ofc

"People can be divided into 3 groups - those that make things happen, those
that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened."  Within
which group do you belong?