[labnetwork] Dry Bed Scrubber for silane, etc

James C. Sturm sturm at princeton.edu
Fri Mar 24 10:48:49 EDT 2023

We have a Si/Ge UHV CVD system for which we want to purchase a dedicated dry bed scrubber.

Total N2 purges ~38 lpm (from several dry pumps, etc)
Total H2 100 sccm when purging, but normally < 20 sccm
Silane ~2 sccm, Germane <  0.05 sccm,  Diborane and phosphine < 0.01 sccm.
Running < 10 hours a week on average.

We are looking into a Callisto dry bed scrubber (by Jupiter).    We have no experience with such systems, having used a hot "combustion chamber" with air pumped in for 20+ years.

Comments/suggestions/other manufacturers/"been there done that" are welcome.
Thanks,
Jim Sturm and Zoe Cyue, Princeton University

Prof. James C. Sturm
     Chair, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
     Stephen R. Forrest Professor in Electrical Engineering
     Princeton University
     B210 E-Quad, Olden St.
     Princeton, NJ  08540
     609-258-5610, fax:  609-258-1177