[labnetwork] Dry Bed Scrubber for silane, etc

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 24 16:05:46 EDT 2023

James,
   I would highly recommend a dry bed scrubber for a number of reasons.
Electrical consumption will be seriously reduced since you are not keeping a large mass of "burn box" at elevated temperatures.
If your present unit is of the "burn/wash" type, city water consumption will be eliminated.
I have installed a dual Calisto system for our LPCVD systems and I am quite satisfied with it's performance and features. One outstanding feature is the built in TGMS sensor that will alert you to when the dry bed has reached its lifespan. Most other abatement systems simply monitor exhaust pressure as a trouble indicator. The dual Calisto will not only alert you of a dry bed (cannister) failure, it will automatically switch over to the second canister and you have the luxury of changing the spent one when you have the time.
   Hope this helps,
    Equipment Dood.

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
11 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617- 496- 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu