[labnetwork] Customs and Duty

Jennifer Honeycutt ivleigh at umich.edu
Wed May 24 14:24:32 EDT 2023

Greetings,

This email is to request any advice on customs and duty exemption for
research equipment and supplies.  Has anyone found a system that works?
This has become a significant cause for concern during the past year or
so.  I have been in a purchasing role since 2008 and I have never
encountered such inconsistencies, even with orders from the same supplier.
I fear we are unnecessarily paying fees that could possibly be exempt, but
haven't been able to find any straightforward answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

--
Jennifer Honeycutt