[labnetwork] Your favorite wafer bonder

Peter Lomax Peter.Lomax at ed.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 04:48:51 EDT 2023

Hi,

We have a circa 20 year old Karl Suss anodic bonder, which can also do fusion bonding.  Generally works well, doesn't have any alignment capability but has some tooling so you can align in a Karl Suss mask aligner then transfer to the bonder.

If I could improve it I would make it easier for doing stacks of three wafers - this is an option for Karl Suss but expensive - we can sort of get round it with conducting copper tape.

Support has been OK but seems to need something almost every time it is used!  Over the ast year has probably been used 20 times and just on the one project.

Cheers

Peter