[labnetwork] Chemical abatement and equipment disposal- MBE system

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Mon Sep 18 14:24:12 EDT 2023

Jeff,

Depending on the original tool manufacturer (Riber, Veeco, etc...) you may
want to contact one of those vendors to see if there's any interest in an
older tool to be refurbished.  We have a couple of MBE tools here that
are almost 40 years old, and have been refurbished multiple times, so
there's still life left in your tools, for the right researcher.

Back in 2006, we had Osemi refurbish a Riber tool (Arsine/Phosphine
chemistries) for us that was moving from Princeton to UofM.  They did a
good job, and from their website it appears that they still do that work.

https://www.osemi.com/services

Dennis Schweiger
University of Michigan/LNF

734.647.2055 Ofc