[labnetwork] Chemical abatement and equipment disposal- MBE system

Mark Weiler mweiler at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 18 17:11:09 EDT 2023

Hi Jeff,

I’ve done this sort of decommissioning and decontamination before on two Veeco MBE systems in May 2020.  I took a couple of weeks off from work to perform the endeavor.  What type of sources do you have?  Are they the typical things (Indium, Gallium, Arsenic, Phosphorus, etc.)?

I am also familiar with other people who do this line of work.   I will find some leads for you.

Best,

Mark

Mark Weiler
Manager, Equipment & Facilities
Bertucci Nanotechnology Laboratory
Eden Hall Nanofabrication Cleanroom
Carnegie Mellon University
P:	412-268-2471
F:	412-268-3497
http://www.nanofab.ece.cmu.edu

...Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall… OG