[labnetwork] TemEbeam beam coil issue

Alexey Kovalev kovalev at magnet.fsu.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:59:14 EDT 2023

Hello All,
We have an issue with the coil current for the e-beam evaporator and wondering if somebody had a similar problem in the past. We suspect that it is  related to the controller.

We have noticed an issue with the lateral beam sweep coil current in the Temescal TemEbeam controller (EBC). When the controller is turned on, the lateral beam sweep starts out at a high current of ~3-4 amps and is unable to be lowered using the lateral/latitude sweep position controls. This high current appears in the negative (left) region of the sweep pattern display area. We have checked the leads from the sweep coils up to the end of the connector attached to the “Sweeper Coils” terminal at the back of the controller, and no issues were found. We have also tried a full factory reset of the controller as well as unplugging/plugging in the power cable at the back, but the high current issue still remains.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Alexey

--
Alexey Kovalev