[labnetwork] Opportunity – Director of University of Sydney Nanofab Shared User Facility

Simon Fleming simon.fleming at sydney.edu.au
Wed Apr 3 05:23:11 EDT 2024

The position of Academic Director of the Research and Prototype Facility at the University of Sydney, Australia, is currently being advertising. This is a shared user facility based around a 800m^2 ISO5 cleanroom, with ~25 staff, supporting ~200 users a year from academia and industry from a range of fields including quantum, nanoelectronics, integrated photonics and microfluidics.

These are exciting times in Australia, and especially Sydney, with significant opportunities and growth in quantum science and technology, and in advanced packaging.

Details of the position and how to apply can be found at: https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Academic-Director---Research---Prototype-Foundry_0116598

Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested. I am very happy to discuss the position with anyone interested – I am stepping down from this role after seven years and am keen to ensure that excellent candidates consider this exciting and important opportunity.

Regards,
Simon.

Professor Simon Fleming
Academic Director | Research & Prototype Foundry
Core Research Facilities | Research Portfolio

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 4021, Sydney Nanoscience Hub  A31 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006

T +61 411 239 659  | E simon.fleming at sydney.edu.au<mailto:simon.fleming at sydney.edu.au>  | W Research & Prototype Foundry<https://www.sydney.edu.au/research/facilities/research-and-prototype-foundry.html>

RPF Enquiries: rpf.queries at sydney.edu.au<mailto:rpf.queries at sydney.edu.au>

RPF is part of the NSW Node<https://www.anff-nsw.org/> of the Australian National Fabrication Facility<http://www.anff.org.au/>
CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary