[labnetwork] HMDS lifetime in YES oven

Bruce Tolleson betemc at rit.edu
Tue Apr 9 08:32:13 EDT 2024

Zhichao,
  We test for the effect of the HMDS because sometimes a year is too long.  We use a Goniometer to measure the effectiveness of the hydrophobic surface.  By measuring the angle of the face of a water drop you can tell if the surface is hydrophobic or hydrophilic.
When we lose the hydrophobic angle we change the HMDS.

Bruce Tolleson
RIT SMFL