[labnetwork] soft cap number for research groups

Gila,Brent P bgila at ufl.edu
Mon Apr 22 10:03:58 EDT 2024

Hello,

Like other facilities, here at UF we have a monthly soft cap.  Once the
monthly soft cap threshold is reached, an additional 80% subsidy is
applied to the tool rates, meaning the customer pays 20% of the user
fee.  This applies only to fabrication tools, not characterization
instruments like FIB, TEM, SEM, Raman,..... Microfabrication metrology
tools are included under our soft cap.

Our soft cap is only offered to our internal UF users and is per funding
project per PI, regardless of the number of users on that project.  The
soft cap does not apply to staff labor, consumables, and daily cleanroom
entry fee.

Best Regards,
Brent
  --
Brent P. Gila, PhD.
Associate Director, Research Service Centers
email: bgila at ufl.edu