[labnetwork] Metals in DRIE chamber

Peter Lomax Peter.Lomax at ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 12:21:26 EDT 2024

I believe it depends on the metals and how easy they are to remove from the chamber rather than coat it.

For a long time we didn't allow any metals - after somebody used Al as a mask and caused endless problems with grassing from the contamination.  We currently try not allow metals if possible but have occasionally used Cr as a mask and not seen any issues.

Best regards

Peter