[labnetwork] RTA furnace issues

Hosler, Richard S hosler0 at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 29 10:29:27 EST 2024

Sushma,

I'm assuming you're operating in Pyrometer mode at that temperature, you'll definitely have issues with without a very clean quartz window both above and in the pipeline window between the pyrometer and backside of the carrier wafer. As Brent said we typically do an acid clean on the large upper window. I use HF/Nitric Acid/UPW. The tiny lower window is likely BaF2 and any material that falls down the center pipeline onto this window can cause temperature response inaccuracy. I wouldn't use anything other than air to clean this small window.

If you're running with a TC at that temperature, it's probably breaking down and causing material to deposit on the various surfaces. You'll need to run a recalibration after everything is cleaned back up, the procedure is in the user manual and it takes some iteration to get a consistent result across your whole pyrometer range (500-1100C for us).

Rich