[labnetwork] PI funding gaps

Gila,Brent P bgila at ufl.edu
Fri Mar 22 12:40:43 EDT 2024

At UF we require the faculty to have their Returned Overhead (ROH)
accounts set up in our system as a fall back in these instances.  If
they have no ROH then we ask their home department for an unrestricted
department account to cover any future transactions/invoices until the
PI's account is back in the positive.  This way the department chair is
aware and can deal with it internally when the bill comes due.

Our fiscal system does read the account details from the university
system similar to other university core facilities so we can monitor if
needed.

Best Regards,
Brent
--
Brent P. Gila, PhD.
Associate Director, Research Service Centers
email: bgila at ufl.edu