[labnetwork] Dilution of Triton X-100

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Thu Aug 9 11:10:07 EDT 2012

Here at Draper we dilute it with water, or if you are adding it to the BHF then you want 1% of the total volume to be TritonX-100, just premix it in water and then add that. It takes some time to get the Triton X-100 to mix into the water.

Why not just buy the BHF with a surfactant already mixed in. Transene Company can do this for you.

Rick

Rick Morrison
Senior Member Technical  Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
Draper Laboratory
555 Technology Square
Cambridge, MA  02139

W  617-258-3420