[labnetwork] who cleans your cleanroom?

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 6 14:55:46 EST 2012

Thank you Mario for the kind words.

We use in-house janitorial for our cleanroom cleaning. We pay a bonus above the normal university scale as an incentive, but put them through rigorous training. Since the turnover is low (probably due to the bonus, and the fact that we conduct the interview with the person wearing a cleanroom garment so they know what things will be like), the peer pressure dominates in helping the new people to "fall in line" with our procedures. Things have worked out quite well in that regard.

If you are looking for an outside company, I believe that GCA Cleanroom Services has a local office. While I don't have any first-hand experience with them, their principal - Ian Wallis - is a long-term friend and colleague. I would expect him to do a very good job for you.

John

John R. Weaver
Facility Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center