[labnetwork] gas room means of egress

Abbie Gregg agregg at abbiegregg.com
Tue Nov 6 21:52:53 EST 2012

The answer is easy for Iullian.
 If the distance from the furthest point in the HPM room to the outside corridor, with 2 means of exit, is greater than 25 feet, then a second exit is needed from the HPM room.  The second exit must go directly outside.

If the HPM room is greater than 500 ft^2, a second exit is required as well.

This is in the IBC codes of 2009. Earlier or local codes may be significantly different.

Mark Winter, CSP, P.E. - Chemical
Senior Technical Staff
Process/Safety Lead
Abbie Gregg, Inc
1130 E. University Dr., Suite 105
Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: 480-446-0056, xt. 113
Cell: 480-330-1846
Fax: 480-446-8001

Abbie Gregg
President
Abbie Gregg, Inc.
1130 East University Drive, Suite 105
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Phone 480 446-8000 x 107
Cell 480-577-5083
FAX 480-446-8001
email agregg at abbiegregg.com<mailto:agregg at abbiegregg.com>
website www.abbiegregg.com<http://www.abbiegregg.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   All information contained in or attached to this email constitutes confidential information belonging to Abbie Gregg, Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries and/or its clients.  This email and any attachments are proprietary and/or confidential and are intended for business use of the addressee(s) only.   All other uses or disclosures are strictly prohibited.  If the reader is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that the perusal, copying or dissemination of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender, and delete all copies of this message and its attachments immediately.