[labnetwork] question to cleanroom colleagues: distributed vs. manifolded gases...

Daniel C. Christensen dcchrist at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 20 16:46:15 EDT 2012

Another PRO for VMP's - when I need to replace an MFC in a tool, I am able to go to the VMP and evacuate AND PURGE the gas line for that particular tool while not disrupting the gas supply to the other tools. Replacing MFC's seems to occur more often in our case than adding and subtracting tools.

At Univ of Wisconsin we have VMP's and VMB's (hazardous gases). I would set the threshold for non-haz. gases to be >2 tools then use a VMP. For haz gases, I would use the VMB even for 2 tools. Certainly buy extra sticks in the VMP/B for future use. I am happy we spent the money to have them.

Dan C

--
Daniel C Christensen
Wisconsin Center for Applied Microelectronics
dan at engr.wisc.edu