[labnetwork] cost recovery

Vicky Diadiuk diadiuk at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 20 08:18:13 EDT 2013

HI,
 John Shott is right - there are many variations on charging for use of the fab.
Presently, at MTL we have an ANNUAL cap for internal users, none for others.

Our rates try to reflect what using a tool actually costs so they are based on process units (pu); they are listed in:
http://www-mtl.mit.edu/services/fabrication/machine_charges.html
The dollar value of a pu can be adjusted to cover fab expenses as they vary in time.

There are many more details which I can discuss if you're interested.
Vicky