[labnetwork] expired process gas

Himmer, Phil PhilH at ee.montana.edu
Wed Jan 7 13:01:19 EST 2015

Hello,

Does anyone have any practical experience using Chlorine and Hydrogen Bromide gas past it’s expiration date? We use the gas for ICP etching of chrome and aluminum.
We have small cylinders(air liquide 7-size) of each that still have gas in them but are now years past the expiration date. I have pulled them from the gas cabinet with the plan to replace them but am having difficulty finding a vendor who offers these gasses in these small volumes. We are trying to not use lecture bottles due to disposal considerations.

looking forward to suggestions
phil

Dr. Phillip Himmer
Manager Montana Microfabrication Facility
Montana State University
Bozeman Mt 59717

Office Ph: 406-994-7178
email: philh at ece.montana.edu<mailto:philh at ece.montana.edu>