[labnetwork] Temperature specification for facility process chilled water

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Tue Sep 15 05:33:57 EDT 2015

Iain,

good morning.  We run nothing for a corrosion inhibitor, or biocide, in
either system.  We are running a side stream UV lamp.  Haven't had any
problems with corrosion, or algae in either system.  Both are open tank
return, so there's essentially zero back pressure, though that shouldn't
matter.  Polishing is done with a pair of DI tanks that pass about 4-6GPM
as needed from the high pressure side, right back into the tank.  We
measure resistivity on the high pressure side.  One system has been
operational since 2007 (150GPM), the other (200GPM) probably twice that
long.  We've had zero problems with either system.

Dennis

734.647.2055 Ofc

"People can be divided into 3 groups - those that make things happen, those
that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened."  Within
which group do you belong?