[labnetwork] Chips on a EVG 620

Mark Giulio Chiappa mark.chiappa at ntnu.no
Wed Feb 17 12:42:12 EST 2016

Hi Jacob,

Here at NTNU NanoLab we have a solution. It's not very elegant but it is cheap, flexible and does work. We use low tac tape (I forget the brand but I can let you know if you want it) to cover the entire area of the vacuum chuck with a hole in it for where the user wants to place their chip.  That way the sample is held by system vacuum. The WEC works fine and we've had no complaints about the results.  If your users are really pushing it and have their chip very close to the perimeter of the chuck it may be smart to place a dummy chip or even two to avoid a bad WEC.

We use the same trick with our MA6.

Kind regards
Mark

Sent from my iPhone