[labnetwork] Bubble defects in Ebeam evaporated gold

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Sat Jul 23 18:09:05 EDT 2016

Matt is right. It is well known that gold will form clumps around carbon
particles. It's easy to evaporate some of the carbon crucible
accidentally, and so it's important to use either Mo or W crucibles.
Either type of crucible will cost a lot less than the gold you put in
it. By the way, you'll have to throw out the contaminated gold.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute of Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>