[labnetwork] SU-8 Thickness Uniformity

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 16 20:39:50 EDT 2017

Can you add how you are applying the SU-8 and does your calculation
include the edge bead or are you using an edge bead remover.

I am also interested in this as I have a biochip company work in my lab
that is try to get an edge bead free film without just cutting it off as
they are losing to many devices in there mind. Currently, been looking
at using a screen printer and also there was a paper on spraying edge
bead remover on the SU-8 after spinning to get a edge bead free film.

Chito Kendrick

On 8/16/2017 3:55 PM, John Sam Soon wrote:
> Hello
> We've been running uniformity thickness tests of SU8-2025 on 4 in
> prime Si wafers (measured with a mechanical profilometer), and have
> gotten results around 13% (Max-Min/(Max+min)). Far from Microchem's
> reported 5%). I wanted to reach out to the community as to:
> 1) What are some of the uniformity numbers that other users are
> getting? and
> 2) for those getting good uniformity, are there any process control
> tips that can be shared?
>

> --
> Nicholas Sam-Soon
> Microfabrication Process Engineer
> Calit2 Qualcomm Institute
> UC San Diego
> http://nano3.calit2.net/
> Email: jsamsoon at ucsd.edu <mailto:jsamsoon at ucsd.edu>

Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>

Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan Technological University
Room 436 M&M Building