[labnetwork] Sputtering CuS and Y2O3

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 23 21:48:34 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am looking for feedback about the use of CuS and/or Y2O3 targets in a multi users facility.

1-      Is there any risk that CuS may decompose during sputtering and contaminate the system with sulphur?

2-      The SDS I consulted for Y2O3 mentioned some hazards and I wonder if there are experiences with this material in the network especially if there are any health concerns.

Thanks,
Fouad Karouta

*************************************
Manager ANFF ACT Node
Australian National Fabrication Facility
Research School of Physics and Engineering
L. Huxley Building (#56), Mills Road, Room 4.02
Australian National University
ACT 0200, Canberra, Australia
Tel: + 61 2 6125 7174
Mob: + 61 451 046 412