[labnetwork] Mechanical pump advice

DeVito, Richard rdevito at draper.com
Tue May 29 09:30:22 EDT 2018

Iulian

While they may not necessarily be  the cheapest we have chosen to go with Ebara for all our rough style pumps-dry pumps. This was in a lab wide effort to removal all oil pumps from the fab . Also, they have great added value in that we have a service contract for them to come in periodically and service all the pumps . We get a good deal on rebuilds as well.
These days no one can justify someone full time to service or manage all these pumps so this was a a logical choice for us. We also don't have to stock any spare parts-just a few spare pumps.

When we spec new tools they must come with a certain model  Ebara rough pump that is common to most of the large tools in the fab. In that way if one goes down it's a quick swap out with one of the spares we keep on hand.

Having said all this, I am not sure if the service here will reflect the service where you are...?

Best

Rich DeVito
Principle Member Technical Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Lab