[labnetwork] Alcatel ASM100 DRIE Turbopump issues

Bill Kiether wjkiethe at ncsu.edu
Thu Nov 8 14:26:13 EST 2018

Hello,

At NCSU we have an Alcatel ASM100 DRIE that is difficult to operate at
times due to the Ring network used for the control software and the fact
only one company still provides service.

We recently had to acquire a new Turbopump, and the company insists we will
also need a new turbocontroller as the one we have does not have the
correct firmware for the newer model of the turbo.

My question is, has anyone successfully installed a newer turbocontroller
on a  ASM100 system?  Were there any issues with the system control
software?  I don't want to pay $9000 for a new controller to find out the
ASM100 will only talk to the older style controller.

Alternatively, is there a software upgrade available anywhere for the
legacy controller firmware?

Our legacy turbo and controller are:

Turbo:  Adixen ATH 1600 M
Turbo Controller:  ACT 1300 M