[labnetwork] Providing chemical gloves to users

Chow, Carl carl.chow at hpe.com
Thu Nov 3 12:40:24 EDT 2022

Eric:
Our standard cleanroom gloves are from VWR, Certi Clean Class 10.
After consulting glove selection charts, such as at https://safety.fsu.edu/safety_manual/OSHA%20Glove%20Selection%20Chart.pdf we saw that butyl gloves were good for most of our chemicals.
So we ordered the VWR Showr Butyl II 874R glove for chemical waste handling in the service chase.  (this glove is not powder-free)
I requested a quote from VWR for the powder-free version.  They were $280/pair, minimum 15 pairs.  This was out of our budget.
We use Ansell Acitek, size 8 and 9, natural rubber latex, for our chemical glove, but lately, they have been breaking down after 1-2 uses, so they must be checked carefully before each use.

All gloves ordered centrally (with input from researchers, especially on size), disposal in hazardous waste can.

Regards,

Carl Chow
Hewlett Packard Labs