[labnetwork] CDA pressure booster?

James Mitchell jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 4 11:54:16 EDT 2022

It may be better and cheaper to use a 300 size cylinder with air or low
purity N2.
Attach a 580 CGA regulator and you are good to go.
These bottles would be cleaner than a compressor and only cost about $15 a
bottle.
If you need more volume, an LN2 dewar could also work.

Jim

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 10:41 AM Iulian Codreanu <codreanu at udel.edu> wrote:

> Dear Lab Network,
>
> The new ion mill I expect early next year requires 160 psig CDA, which
> is more than what my nominally 100 psig CDA system can provide.
>
> I am writing to ask for advice on what the best approach for providing
> 160 psig may be. I would like to avoid installing a compressor outside
> of the cleanroom and having to penetrate the cleanroom envelope.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Iulian
>
> --
> iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.
> Director, Nanofabrication Facility
> University of Delaware
> Harker ISE Lab, Room 163
> 221 Academy Street
> Newark, DE 19716
> 302-831-2784
> http://udnf.udel.edu

*Thank you, Jim*

*James Mitchell*
*Specialty Trades Technician*
*Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering*
*North Carolina State University Nanofabrication Facility (NNF)*
*MRC RM243A **Box 7911*
*2410 Campus Shore Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606*
*jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu* <jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu>
*Desk: 919-515-5394*
*Cell: 919-717-7325*