[labnetwork] MAU Steam Coil

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 4 16:00:23 EST 2023

Mark,
  You are not an outlier!
Here at Hahvid, we had to replace all of our leaky steam coils in the first year that our facility opened. The root cause was dissimilar metals on the connections (brass to black iron, stainless to black iron etc.) The original pipefitters apparently were not familiar with galvanic coupling that is accelerated by steam.  Since we have correctly piped them, we have had no issues for the past 14 issues.
  Equipment Dood

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
11 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617- 496- 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu