[labnetwork] Sparkles in the PECVD deposited amorphous silicon film

Jeremy Clark clark at cnf.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 24 18:35:35 EDT 2023

Hi Vibhor,

You should look under a microscope but these look like bubbles- either
from poor adhesion or too much Hydrogen in the film (or both).

How did you clean your sample before deposition?

What is the underlying material, and is it possible it has changed?

Is possible that some part of the tool was changed recently?

Regards,

Jeremy Clark

Cornell Nanoscale Facility