[labnetwork] PECVD with SiH4 concentration of 4% or less?

Phillip Chapman phillip.chapman83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:21:58 EST 2023

PECVD with SiH4 concentration of 4% or less?

Is anybody using conventional PECVD (not ICP-CVD or HDP-CVD) to deposit
silicon oxide and silicon nitride films using gas cylinders with a silane
concentration of 4% or less?

If so, I’m hoping you can provide me:

Contact or facility name:

PECVD Make/Model:

Gas cylinder SiH4 concentration (e.g. 2% SiH4, in a balance of N2):

Background:  There used to be a few universities using 2% silane with some
older PECVD systems. I’ve been chatting with the typical tool vendors that
most universities are familiar with about new PECVD systems, and based on
their reactions you’d think I was asking them about unicorns (smile!).
They all appear to be claiming their systems are being used with 5% to 100%
silane and they don’t know much about their films or process window if used
at lower concentrations. I’m hoping I might come across a few folks that
are using lower silane concentrations with somewhat newer model PECVD
systems.

Thanks,

Phil Chapman – Microengineering Lab Mgr - Dartmouth College

phillip.f.chapman at dartmouth.edu

or

phillip.chapman83 at gmail.com